skip to content

Married Women

Follow the core requirements for ePassport renewal or new/first ePassport application and present the original and one photocopy of the following documents, as appropriate:
1.  If adopting the husband’s surname
PSA marriage certificate OR PSA report of marriage

i. Those who filed their report of marriage with the Philippine Consulate in Los Angeles have one year from the date of registration to apply for a passport using their husband’s surname without presenting a PSA-copy of the report of marriage.
ii. The local civil registrar copy of the marriage certificate or report of marriage is required when the details on the PSA copy are difficult to read.

2. If reverting to their maiden name
PSA marriage certificate with annotation on the annulment of the marriage plus the certificate of finality issued by the concerned court, OR PSA report of death of spouse

Note: The local civil registrar copy of the marriage or death certificate is required when the details on the PSA copy are difficult to read.

Frequently Asked Questions



The Consulate General informs the public that it will be closed on:

04 July 2024 (US Independence Day)

For those with Consulate Emergencies or Inquiries kindly contact us here:

Thank you for your patience and cooperation


From May 15, 2019, the Consulate cannot authenticate the signatures on the following public documents:(1) notarized documents and (2) documents signed/issued/certified by a Federal, State, County, City, University or School Official.

The change is due to the Philippines officially becoming a party to the Apostille Convention.

For more information, visit our Authentication webpage here.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Track your Document, Passport Here


Filcom Organizations registered with the Consulate