skip to content

Report of Marriage of A Filipino Abroad

Report of Marriage of A Filipino Abroad

Please take note that the consular officer may require additional documents upon assessment of the application, depending on the circumstances of the applicant’s birth, marriage or death. Factors such as citizenship, previous civil status and others may affect the status of your application. Please leave your contact details so that the consular officer or consular assistant can reach you immediately. Please email for queries regarding your application.

ONLY marriages contracted in the following places can be registered or reported at the Philippine Consulate General, Los Angeles, CA: (1) Southern California; (2)Southern Nevada (Clark, Lincoln and Nye Counties); and (3) Arizona.

The Report of Marriage must be filed with the Philippine Embassy or Consulate which exercises jurisdiction over the place of marriage.

For those reporting their marriages within the US but outside this Consulate’s jurisdiction please check here.

To know the location and contact details of Philippine Embassies or Consulates, please check here .

Procedure and Requirements:

Send to the Consulate BY MAIL the following documents:

  1. Covering letter (handwritten or typed), addressed to the Civil Registry Section, indicating service/transaction requested and telephone number or email address for contact details.
  2. Four (4) original duly accomplished Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink, signed by both husband and wife and with the notary public signing AND acknowledging that both parties (or the one living if the other party is deceased at the time of Reporting with the Consulate)  personally appeared before the notary public. Wives should indicate their maiden name as the last name. If submitting by mail, the complete forms must be notarized.(click here for the fillable form) Click here for sample of Filled up Form
  3.  One (1) original  and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate or Contract (original will be returned).
  4. One (1) original and four (4) photocopies of the Birth Certificate of the husband. If Filipino, it must be the birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) (formerly National Statistics Office or NSO) [Apply for your Philippine Birth Certificate here].
  5. One (1) original and four (4) photocopies of the Birth Certificate of the wife. If Filipino, it must be the birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) (formerly National Statistics Office or NSO)[Apply for your Philippine Birth Certificate here].
  6. Four (4) photocopies of a government-issued identification card or passport of both husband and wife.
  7. Processing fee of $25.00 (non-refundable), payable in cash, credit card, postal money order or cashier’s check made payable to the Philippine Consulate General.
  8. Include in the package a USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope (or Box if you have really thick documents)  that is self-addressed and postage prepaid as the return envelope with USPS Tracking To compute the amount of postage for a USPS Flat Rate Envelope, check here.
  9.  Please take note of the mailing or courier tracking number since the Philippine Consulate General cannot assume responsibility for documents which have been mailed through the U.S. Postal Service or courier service.

Additional Requirements:

1. If the Report of Marriage is filed after 12 months of the date of marriage, a Notarized Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Marriage must be accomplished. [click here for affidavit]

2. For contracting parties of the marriage who were previously married, the following additional documentary requirements must be submitted:

a. If Filipino applicant had a previous Philippine marriage annulled, an original and four (4) photocopies of the Philippine Statistics Authority (formerly National Statistics Office/NSO) (PSA) issued Annotated Marriage Certificate (which indicates the details of the annulment) and/or DFA-authenticated Judicial Decree of Annulment with Certificate of Finality. [Apply for your PSA Documents here]

b. If Filipino applicant is divorced and divorce was initiated by foreign spouse, one (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of DFA-authenticated Judicial Recognition of Foreign Divorce issued by a competent Philippine Court with Certificate of Finality.

Divorce is not recognized in the Philippines but when a divorce is validly obtained abroad by an alien spouse from his or her Filipino spouse, the Filipino spouse shall have the capacity to remarry under Philippine law. Divorce, however, must be recognized in the Philippines courts. The foreign divorce decree must be judicially enforced or confirmed in the Philippines by filing the proper civil action at the Regional Trial Court in the Philippines (RTC-Phil).

For more information on Judicial Recognition of Foreign Divorce in the Philippines, please click here.

If the foreigner is divorced, include the divorce decree (1 original and 4 photocopies) with the application.

c. If either groom or bride is widowed, one (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Death Certificate of deceased spouse (Original supporting documents will be returned).  [Apply for your PSA Documents here]

The Philippine Consulate General will convey the Report of Marriage and annexed documents to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) of the Philippines. It takes at least six (6) months to about one (1) year for the ensuing Philippine Certificate of Marriage to be available for ordering from the PSA in the Philippines.

When you get your Report of Marriage copy from the Consulate, the Filipino spouse can setup her passport appointment before the Consulate to:

Frequently Asked Questions



The Consulate General informs the public that it will be closed on:

04 July 2024 (US Independence Day)

For those with Consulate Emergencies or Inquiries kindly contact us here:

Thank you for your patience and cooperation


From May 15, 2019, the Consulate cannot authenticate the signatures on the following public documents:(1) notarized documents and (2) documents signed/issued/certified by a Federal, State, County, City, University or School Official.

The change is due to the Philippines officially becoming a party to the Apostille Convention.

For more information, visit our Authentication webpage here.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Track your Document, Passport Here


Filcom Organizations registered with the Consulate