skip to content

Solemnization of Marriages in the Consulate

[responsivevoice_button voice=”US English Female” buttontext=”Listen to Post”]

Note: Both parties have to be Filipinos citizens and must appear personally at the Consulate.


For Single Filipinos:

1. Birth Certificate in security paper issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) – original & photocopy (Apply here).

2. Certificate of Non-Availability of Record of Marriage issued  in PSA security paper NOTE: A CENOMAR is valid for only six (6) months from the date of issue by the PSA (Apply for your CENOMAR here).

3. Original and a photocopy of Authenticated Affidavit of Parental Consent (for applicants aged 18 years and 1 day to 21 years) OR original and a photocopy of Authenticated Affidavit of Parental Advice (for applicants aged 21 years and 1 day to 25 years). The Parental Consent or Advice should indicate the name of the fiancé/fiancee and should go through the following:8

a. Notary Public;
b. Regional Trial Court;
c. DFA Manila, Authentication Division;

If the parents are in the U.S., the affidavit has to be notarized in the U.S. if they are U.S. citizens and by the Consulate if they are Filipino.

4. Passport (original & photocopy of data page and last page).

5. Two (2) passport-size pictures.

For Divorced Filipinos:

For contracting parties of the marriage who were previously married, the following additional documentary requirements must be submitted:

If Filipino applicant is divorced and divorce was initiated by foreign spouse, one (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of DFA-authenticated Judicial Recognition of Foreign Divorce issued by a competent Philippine Court with Certificate of Finality.

Divorce is not recognized in the Philippines but when a divorce is validly obtained abroad by an alien spouse from his or her Filipino spouse, the Filipino spouse shall have the capacity to remarry under Philippine law. Divorce, however, must be recognized in the Philippines courts. The foreign divorce decree must be judicially enforced or confirmed in the Philippines by filing the proper civil action at the Regional Trial Court in the Philippines (RTC-Phil).

For more information on Judicial Recognition of Foreign Divorce in the Philippines, please click Judicial Recognition of Divorce in the Philippines.

For Filipinos whose marriage has been annulled:

1. Passport.

2. Amended/Annotated Marriage Contract (of the annulled marriage) in security paper by the PSA (original and a photocopy). (Apply here).

3. Certificate of Finality of Decision and Court Order/Decision authenticated by the Authentication Division, DFA Manila (original and a photocopy).

4. Two (2) passport-size pictures.

For Widowed Filipinos:

1. Passport.

2. Death Certificate of Previous Spouse. (original and a photocopy).

a. If spouse is a Filipino: Death Certificate of Previous Spouse in security paper issued by the PSA . (Apply here).
b. If spouse if an American: Death Certificate of Previous Spouse issued by the County with areas covered by the Consulate [check here ] or authenticated by the Consulate/Embassy having jurisdiction.
c. If spouse is a Foreign National other than American: Death Certificate of the dead spouse from the latter’s country of origin. The Death Certificate should be in English. (original and a photocopy).

3. If married in the Philippines: Marriage Contract with Previous Spouse in security paper issued by the PSA. (Apply here).

4. If married in the U.S. or another country: Report of Marriage issued by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate in the country where the marriage took place or if the marriage took place more than a year has passed, a PSA security paper issued Report of Marriage [Apply here] . (original and a photocopy).

5. Birth Certificate in security paper issued by the PSA. (original and a photocopy) (Apply  here).

6. Two (2) passport-size pictures (with valid passport).


Marriage License: US$25.00
Solemnization Fee: US$60.00

For Report of Marriage Requirements, click here.

When you receive your Report of Marriage copy from the Consulate, the Filipina can personally appear before the Consulate to:

Frequently Asked Questions



The Consulate General informs the public that it will be closed on:

04 July 2024 (US Independence Day)

For those with Consulate Emergencies or Inquiries kindly contact us here:

Thank you for your patience and cooperation


From May 15, 2019, the Consulate cannot authenticate the signatures on the following public documents:(1) notarized documents and (2) documents signed/issued/certified by a Federal, State, County, City, University or School Official.

The change is due to the Philippines officially becoming a party to the Apostille Convention.

For more information, visit our Authentication webpage here.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Track your Document, Passport Here


Filcom Organizations registered with the Consulate